Thursday, October 25, 2012

Loving the invisible in the visible



I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
    With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
    my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
    nor will you let your faithful[b] one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence,
    with eternal pleasures at your right hand. -Psalms 16


How many times have we fixed our eyes on anything but God?
People will certainly fail us. Situations will disappoint us. Even our concept of love and goodness has its limit.

At work, even our closest friend will not fit in to our idea of  a perfect colleague. He may appear to be loyal to you but when things get rough, he will certainly do what's best for himself...we all do.

In church, no matter how mature a sister or a brother in Christ is, there will be moments you'll remember how something divine is still on flesh.

At home, it's surprising how too much intimacy can cause people to drift apart. It will take more than a lifetime to know how to love perfectly.

It's easier to love our God whom we've known to be perfect. But to love a man... it calls for wisdom. Psalms 16 reminds me to look unto Jesus, not to ignore and escape from the imperfect world but to see that the answers are in His presence. As we gaze upon Him, we'll have a better understanding of how humanity fell short to the glory of God.

The goal is not to compare people with God- because it is utterly unreasonable. But even if we do compare, we will realize how much grace has been given even to the person we hated the most.

At worst, if we can't see any degree of goodness in a person, look unto God inside that person. If we can't love the visible how can we love The Invisible?

There may be pain in loving but there can never be joy in hating.

No comments:

Post a Comment