Thursday, September 8, 2011

More than an online gossip


 

Welcome Thursday. I closed my eyes and asked God to bless my day. I started to log in... Suddenly, I thought about sending simple messages to my officemates first. I sent a simple “hello, have a blessed day.” One by one, they replied. I knew they felt important that they are remembered. I felt good just the same. Some of them were having a not so good day. They said I was able to cheer them up. Then I realized, I knew God is happy looking at me, saying, “That's exactly what you should be doing in your office”. 
Having an average of 16 students a day, I tend to spend my spare time surfing the Internet at my heart's content. I skim from News to fashion to blogs to travel.. almost every single thing. I check reviews on skin products, best restaurants in the city and the latest updates in Hollywood. More than just information overload, I experience tiredness beyond words. I was wondering why I feel down tired while in fact I'm just there sitting down endlessly moving my mouse. There must be something wrong. I feed my self with trash. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be informed but it's terrible to know everything without putting them to right use, without reflecting after. 


The Word of the Lord really changes everything. I listened to one preaching yesterday and it was about the love of God that compels us to love others . He said, it ought to be automatic like a reflex to help those who are in need. We are supposed to be moved by the love He so freely gave to us. He added that if we are not living this way, there must be something wrong. If we really had encountered the love of God, we can't help but share it to others.He was not pertaining to the ABC of salvation. He was just saying that we need to actually love the person and not persuade him to be part of a religion.

I want to encourage myself and who ever is reading this today. Maybe you will read this months after or years after I write this. God is just telling us to give our best in whatever we do at work but never forget the purpose from which we should move and have our being. We cannot deny the love of God in our lives. You can attest to that. Only you know how much He has done for you. Let's pray that we all have a heart of flesh that could easily respond to His call, whenever, wherever.

No comments:

Post a Comment