Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Salary Stealer



 

I was never fond of riding taxis until I met my husband. Before, I felt more guilty than comfortable while the meter runs like it's in a hurry. It's like saying, hey look, here's your money down the drain. 

Working for a Korean company will challenge you to leave behind all those old habit of grand entrance in school. Who can afford to cram if you will be deducted P500 once the time goes 2:01. Being on a pm shift should have been an advantage.I still fail to come on time all the time, unfortunately. 

Riding on a taxi seems to be an always ready solution to this all time problem of tardiness. I think, if only the taxi drivers knew that I will force them to make a miracle and make their cars fly like crazy, I think they will choose other passengers.
One time, me and my husband went first to the mall to buy my super favorite super taro from Quickly.
It is so.... indescribable. I'll try to post about this next time. Anyway, now that I had my super taro on my hand we went to the fx terminal. The line was too long (very unusual, fx drivers usually wait for passengers to arrive). I checked my time, and I said, mission impossible mode. My husband called a cab. I knew that it was the right thing to do that time.  After a few seconds,  we just saw ourselves passing through the subway. I said, oh no! The driver was on the wrong way. It will be 8 minute-drive if we will take the U-turn so we decided 
 to continue the route he so freely chose.  Then we had our forced field trip to McKinley.

This part of Taguig is one of the busiest from 12- 2pm. Call centers swarm the place and it's lunchbreak. I told my husband to calm down and stop fighting with the taxi driver. Could you imagine them exchanging whispers of anger that they almost sound like they're cursing each other? Guys are really into that.  I was about to say, Hey! am I missing something here? I, not you guys, will be late.
Have you ever felt being stuck in  traffic jam and you have exercised all the faith you have as you pray? You even make a promise to God to just give you this one day and you'll never be late again? Have you ever tried to calm down and not think about the time so you won't get stressed out?  That was what I experienced. Hoping against all hopes that God will stop the time for me.



Then, I took the elevator and stopped on every floor because of employees getting back to office after luncg. I actually pleaded them to move faster but they just look at me as if saying, "you wish!, last time we checked, this is not solely for you."  I wish there were a car that can transform to an elevator.

I rushed to the biometrics and bumped to all those who are in line from AM shift.  I looked to it teary eyed, 2:01. It didn't register. I didn't try again. I was devasted. I shouted sorry sorry to those who are in line, I tried to log in again, it was 2:02.

I called my husband to release my disappointment and regret and stress altogether. He convinced me to just forget about it.  I said to myself,"which of these you want me to forget? The P200 taxi ride or the P500 salary deduction?"

I remembered he already gave me P500 when we were still in the cab. He said, "I already paid for your late, let go". I was like, "Yeah right, you took it from our grocery allowance." Nice try.


















No comments:

Post a Comment